12. What are the objectives of the proposed restoration?
- The complete removal of invasive house mice from the South Farallon Islands using the best available methods;
- Minimize and mitigate any negative impact to the native species and other natural and cultural resources of the islands;
- Ensure human safety is preserved during project implementation;
- Ensure that benefits of mouse removal outweigh any incidental negative effects from project implementation; and
- Prevent the future reinvasion of house mice through implementation of a biosecurity plan.
© 2023 Restore the Farallones